EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Emphasizing Mental Health with Employee Benefits
It’s estimated that 1 in 4 Americans is suffering from a diagnosable mental health disorder.
This statistic highlights why it’s so important for employee benefit plans to incorporate solutions like employee assistance programs (EAPs) that go beyond physical health.
If left untreated, mental illness can negatively impact many aspects of an employee’s job, including attendance, productivity, performance, safety and morale. Cypress Benefit Administrators understands this and partners with CuraLinc to offer its employer-clients an innovative EAP solution.
Focused on mental health, this EAP solution provides:
- Confidential assistance for members, with 24/7 help available from qualified professionals
- Appropriate channels and technology that include options for face-to-face visits as well as sessions that incorporate web, mobile and e-consults
- Clinical follow-ups throughout the assistance process
- Data monitoring (HIPAA-compliant)
As CuraLinc reports, each case has an average cost of $622 for self-funded plans and consists of just six outpatient counseling sessions.
Employers who integrate this type of EAP into their health plans are seeing successful outcomes, some of which are demonstrated by the following statistics:
- After an EAP is implemented, the percentage of participants who are considered severely or moderately depressed lowers from 34.4% to 4.9%.
- Nearly 81% of employees report working at a “high” level of productivity after 30 days into the EAP program – a 55% improvement from the start.
- The number of EAP participants who report misusing alcohol drops from 36.6% to 7.3% after seeking assistance
More on this EAP solution: