Cypress News, Articles & Announcements
Here you'll find links to periodic articles or other news items about Cypress Benefit Administrators.
- Conference on Cost Containment in Health Benefits Returns After Successful First Year, Kicks off in Las Vegas This Week
(As seen on Market Pulse, The Sacramento Bee and other major media websites)
News Release May 13, 2013
The second annual Cypress University returns to Las Vegas this week with experts in the self-funded insurance industry set to present. During the three-day conference, employer-clients, brokers and prospects will learn about ways to control the rising costs of employee benefits. Read the full story.
- Telemedicine Brings Patient-Doctor Interaction to a Whole New Level, Eliminates Up to 66% of Unnecessary In-Office Doctor Visits
(As seen on Industrial Info Resources, Sign On San Diego and other major media websites)
News Release April 30, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how new features in telemedicine email and mobile access to video chat technology have made it easier for members to connect with physicians 24/7 and receive timely care. Read the full story.
- TPA Keeps Cost Increases Below the National Average for Fifth Consecutive Year by Offering Customizable Employee Benefit Plans
(As seen on SmartBrief, Yahoo! News and other major media websites)
News Release March 28, 2013
As health insurance costs continue to skyrocket across the U.S., Cypress Benefit Administrators has been able to keep its employer clients’ rate increases well below the national average for the fifth straight year. The TPA shares the numbers for 2012 and shows how customizable employee benefits are helping contain costs. Read the full story.
- Diligent Health Claim Review Service Goes Beyond Obvious Overcharges and Finds Issues with Medical Necessity
(As seen on The MiamiHerald, Digital Journal and other major media websites)
News Release February 26, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how its Argus Claim Review division is actively watching for medical necessity discrepancies on consumer health claims to identify costly overcharges. Read the full story.
- Businesses Band Together through Group Captive Insurance Programs to Achieve Cost Containment in Healthcare
(As seen on LA Daily News, The Cincinnati Enquirer and other major media websites)
News Release November 28, 2012
By pooling their collective risk, businesses throughout the United States are finding that group captive insurance structures like CypressCap offer significant savings potential and the ability to contain healthcare costs. Read the full story.
- Health Care Reform an Unfolding Story: Health Plan Adviser Explains Possibilities
(As seen in the Appleton Post-Crescent and on postcrescent.com)
Fox Valley Inc. Business Section Cover Story November 21, 2012
Now that President Barack Obama has won re-election, the nation is waiting to see how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will affect the health care industry and consumers. Tom Doney, president of Cypress Benefit Administrators, Grand Chute, which helps businesses set up health plans, offered his insight on the possibilities. Read the full story.
- Customized Employee Benefits will Remain Key to Cost Containment in Healthcare after Election
(As seen on JS Online/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Times Union (Albany, NY) and other major media websites)
News Release October 25, 2012
Regardless of the presidential election outcome, one thing is certain for the future of healthcare: self-funded insurance and customizable employee benefits will continue to be a focus as employers look for ways to contain costs. Read the full story.
- Captive Insurance Experiences Growth in Employee Benefits Industry, Provides Long-Term Savings to Employers
(As seen on Newsday, the International Business Times and other major media websites)
News Release September 26, 2012
As captive insurance structures become a more popular form of risk transfer in the employee benefits industry today, Cypress Benefit Administrators announces the launch of CypressCap a group captive program. Read the full story.
- Cypress Benefit Administrators and PH Tech Announce Strategic Partnership in the TPA Industry
(As seen on Insurance News Net, The News Tribune of Tacoma-Seattle and other major media websites)
News Release August 24, 2012
After forming an alliance with an Oregon-based TPA leaving self-funded benefits administration, Cypress Benefit Administrators is working to seamlessly transition customers over to its claim system. Read the full story.
- Cost Analysis Shows How Customizable Employee Benefit Plans Have Led to Cost Containment in Healthcare
(As seen on The Boston Globe, The Miami Herald and other major media websites)
News Release June 29, 2012
By offering customized employee benefit plans, Cypress Benefit Administrators has been able to slow annual premium increases on behalf of its clients throughout the United States. The third party administrator (TPA) completed a five-year cost analysis and shares highlights from its ongoing cost containment efforts. Read the full story.
- 24/7 Access to Talk to a Doctor and Other Reasons Why Telemedicine is On the Rise
(As seen on Yahoo! News, The Denver Post and other major media websites)
News Release April 30, 2012
With U.S. consumers looking for more flexibility than a visit to the doctor’s office typically allows, telemedicine is becoming a popular option. Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how its clients have been receptive to these over-the-phone services because of their convenience, cost-effectiveness and around-the-clock accessibility. Read the full story.
- As Healthcare-Billing Fraud Escalates, Argus Ramps Up Watchdog Efforts
(As seen on CBS MoneyWatch, The Houston Chronicle and other major media websites)
News Release January 18, 2012
Healthcare-billing fraud continues to create extra expenses for consumers across the United States. Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how Argus Claim Review is working to catch and correct these costly errors. The TPA also provides five tips for employers to use to avoid overpaying medical claims. Read the full story.
- Cypress Acquires Western Benefits, Inc.
News Release, February 3, 2011
- Appleton-Based Cypress Benefit Administrators Marks 10th Anniversary, Continued Company Growth
News Release, December 10, 2010
- Omaha’s Cypress Benefit Administrators Marks 10th Anniversary, Continued Company Growth
News Release, December 10, 2010
- Cypress Benefit Administrators’ CEO Offers Key Healthcare Cost-Containment Testimony at U.S. Dept. of Labor Hearing
News Release, December 7, 2010
- Cypress CEO Shares Healthcare Cost-Containment Strategies at State SHRM Conference
News Release, October 11, 2010
- Cypress Solution is Saving Employers Money, and Businesses Across the Country Are Taking Notice
Cover story article, Company Magazine, February 2010
Cypress Benefit Administrators is a TPA specializing in affordable healthcare through custom employee benefits and medical coverage for clients across the Midwest, East/West Coasts and Northern/Southern U.S.