In the News ARCHIVE – 2013
Cypress News, Articles & Announcements
2013 ARCHIVE PAGE
(back to main In the News page)
- Employee Benefits Administrator Offers Guidance on New “Use-or-Lose” Rule Alternative as it Relates to Health FSAs
(As seen on the Miami Herald, Worth Magazine and other major media websites)
News Release – December 10, 2013
Now that the IRS’s “Use-or-Lose” rule option is in effect, Cypress is helping employers understand how it relates to their health FSAs. The employee benefits administrator offers guidance on how the new carryover alternative can be applied to cafeteria plans as well as clarification about the existing grace period option. Read more.
- President of Employee Benefits Advisory Firm Leads Eye-Opening Workshop on Cost Control at National HR Conference
(As seen on Indianapolis Business Journal, International Business Times and other major media websites)
News Release – November 19, 2013
Tom Doney, president of Cypress, recently presented at the Northwest Human Resource Management Association’s annual conference in Washington. He led a workshop focused on ways employers and HR professionals can contain rising employee benefit costs at their workplace. Read more.
- National Employee Benefits Advisor Welcomes New Regional Sales Manager to Omaha Office (As seen on Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Insurance News Net and other major media websites)
News Release – October 30, 2013
Julie Kohanek, RHU, has joined the Omaha location of Cypress Benefit Administrators as the regional sales manager. She will oversee the business development efforts and sales and marketing strategy for the TPA’s Midwest territory of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota. Read more.
- Third Party Administrator Walks the Talk as it Receives Gold Well Workplace Award & Joins Ranks of “America’s Healthiest Companies” (As seen on The Boston Globe, LA Daily News and other major media websites)
News Release – September 10, 2013
A Gold Well Workplace Award winner, Cypress Benefit Administrators recently joined the list of “America’s Healthiest Companies.” The Wellness Council of America and its Wellness Council of Wisconsin affiliate recognized the Wisconsin-based TPA for its exemplary efforts related to workplace health. Read more.
- Wisconsin-Based Employee Benefits Administrator Makes Annual Inc. 500|5000 List & Named a Top 100 U.S. Insurance Company for Growth (As seen on Google Finance, JS Online/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and other major media websites)
News Release – August 29, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators was recently named to Inc. magazine’s 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list. The TPA received honors for overall growth, including a rank of #38 among Top 100 Insurance Companies in the U.S. and #65 for Top 100 Wisconsin Companies. Read more.
- Wisconsin-Based Third Party Administrator Receives Business of the Year Award for Outstanding Performance (As seen on BioPortfolio, Pasadena Star-News and other major media websites)
News Release – July 16, 2013
Honored for its outstanding business performance, Cypress Benefit Administrators received a 2013 Business of the Year Award from the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce & Industry. Read the full story.
- TPA Continues to Keep Annual Employee Benefit Cost Increases to a Minimum without Sacrificing the Level of Quality (As seen on International Business Times, Santa Cruz Sentinel and other major media websites)
News Release – July 9, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators shares how it has successfully kept employee benefit plan rate increases well below the national average for the last five years with examples for balancing cost and quality. Read the full story.
- TPA Hosts Second Successful Conference Focused on Containing the Spiraling Costs of Employee Benefits in the Self-Funded Insurance Industry (As seen on CBS Money Watch, Kansas City Star and other major media websites)
News Release – May 24, 2013
With over 150 employer-clients, brokers and prospects in attendance, Cypress Benefit Administrators hosted the second annual Cypress University in May. Presentations focused on the latest innovations and ideas for controlling the costs of employee benefits in the self-funded insurance industry. Read the full story.
- Conference on Cost Containment in Health Benefits Returns After Successful First Year, Kicks off in Las Vegas This Week (As seen on Market Pulse, The Sacramento Bee and other major media websites)
News Release – May 13, 2013
The second annual Cypress University returns to Las Vegas this week with experts in the self-funded insurance industry set to present. During the three-day conference, employer-clients, brokers and prospects will learn about ways to control the rising costs of employee benefits. Read the full story.
- Telemedicine Brings Patient-Doctor Interaction to a Whole New Level, Eliminates Up to 66% of Unnecessary In-Office Doctor Visits (As seen on Industrial Info Resources, Sign On San Diego and other major media websites)
News Release – April 30, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how new features in telemedicine – email and mobile access to video chat technology – have made it easier for members to connect with physicians 24/7 and receive timely care. Read the full story.
- TPA Keeps Cost Increases Below the National Average for Fifth Consecutive Year by Offering Customizable Employee Benefit Plans (As seen on SmartBrief, Yahoo! News and other major media websites)
News Release – March 28, 2013
As health insurance costs continue to skyrocket across the U.S., Cypress Benefit Administrators has been able to keep its employer clients’ rate increases well below the national average for the fifth straight year. The TPA shares the numbers for 2012 and shows how customizable employee benefits are helping contain costs. Read the full story.
- Diligent Health Claim Review Service Goes Beyond Obvious Overcharges and Finds Issues with Medical Necessity (As seen on The MiamiHerald, Digital Journal and other major media websites)
News Release – February 26, 2013
Cypress Benefit Administrators shows how its Argus Claim Review division is actively watching for medical necessity discrepancies on consumer health claims to identify costly overcharges. Read the full story.
In the News archives:
2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 & Earlier
(back to main In the News page)